Dr Indra Napit
Dr Indra B. Napit
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics & Traumatology)
Acting Research Director, The Leprosy Mission Nepal
PhD candidate, Warwick Medical School (UK)
Dr Indra B. Napit (MBBS, MS-Ortho) has worked at Anandaban Hospital, Nepal for more than 15 years as a Senior Orthopaedic and Reconstructive surgeon. Alongside his clinical work, he has always been involved with research.
He was Medical Director, Anandaban Hospital until 2019, when he became more involved in research.
His main research project is the Trial of Autologous Blood products to promote ulcer healing in Leprosy (TABLE) study, which is one work package within the NIHR-funded project - Transforming the Treatment and Prevention of Leprosy and Buruli Ulcers in Low and Middle-Income Countries.
Phone: +977 9851136027
- An individual randomised efficacy trial of autologous blood products, leukocyte and platelet-rich fibrin (L-PRF), to promote ulcer healing in leprosy in Nepal: the TABLE trial protocol. Indra B. Napit, Dilip Shrestha, Jon Bishop, Sopna Choudhury, Santosh Dulal, Paramjit Gill, Eleni Gkini, Holly Gwyther, Deanna A. Hagge, Karuna Neupane, Jo Sartori, Gemma Slinn, Samuel I. Watson and Richard Lilford Trials 22, 453 (2021).
- Evaluation of a self-help intervention to promote the health and wellbeing of marginalised people including those living with leprosy in Nepal: a prospective, observational, cluster-based, cohort study with controls. Dilip Shrestha, Indra B. Napit, Subi Ansari, Sopna Mannan Choudhury, Bishnu Dhungana, Paramjit Gill, Frances Griffiths, Holly Gwyther, Deanna Hagge, Shovakhar Kandel, Suraj Puri, Jo Sartori, Samuel Ian Watson and Richard Lilford. BMC Public Health. 2021 May 6;21(1):873.
- Diagnosis and impact of neuropathic pain in leprosy patients in Nepal after completion of multidrug therapy. Han-Siong Toh , Jeni Maharjan, Ruby Thapa, Kapil Dev Neupane, Mahesh Shah, Suwash Baral, Deanna A. Hagge, Indra Bahadur Napit, Diana N. J. Lockwood. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2018 Jul 2;12(7):e0006610.
- Opening a Can of Worms: Leprosy Reactions and Complicit Soil-Transmitted Helminthes. Deanna A. Hagge, Pawan Parajuli, Chhatra B Kunwar, Divya R.S J.B. Rana, Ruby Thapa, Indra B. Napit. EBioMedicine 23 (2017) 119-124
- Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial Investigating Decompression for Leprous Neuropathy (The DELN Protocol). Wan EL, Rivadeniera AF, Serrano HA, Napit I, Joshua J, Cardona-Castro N, Dellon LA, Theuvenet W. Leprosy Review; 2016; 87; 4; 553-561.