As long as leprosy afflicts individuals and communities, we are committed to doing all we can to break its power and impact.
Our International Office is based in Brentford, London. You can also check out our list of Members to see if there's an office near you, or use the form at the bottom of the page to contact us if you have a general query.
Global Safeguarding Advisor – The Leprosy Mission International
Brentford, Greater London
Salary £40,000 pa
Fixed term contract until December 2020
Looking for a fresh challenge? Have you got a proven track record in shaping global safeguarding policies and implementing safeguarding capacity building and awareness raising programmes? Do you want the responsibility of making a difference on a global level to prevent all sorts of abuse and exploitation? Are you committed and passionate to achieve the highest standards? Join us in this new role and help us raise the standards forever.
The Leprosy Mission (TLM) is a leading international Christian charity, active in over 40 countries, working towards the vision of Leprosy Defeated and Lives Transformed. Operating as an International Federation (Global Fellowship) of 29 member countries, the International office provides leadership and facilitation to enable the Global Fellowship to achieve this vision.
- 10% contribution to your pension
- Health cash back plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Staff events
- Daily devotion time
- Space for waiting on God
- Volunteer days
- Training and development
- Life assurance
- Holidays and other leave arrangements
- Sick pay
- Play a key global role in leading Safeguarding
Built on values of compassion, justice, integrity, inclusion and humility, we’re working towards a happier, healthier world where people aren’t stigmatised because of their illness.
Our main focus is on leprosy, but our work often includes supporting those with other disabilities, neglected tropical diseases, marginalised people in society and those living in extreme poverty.
As a Global Safeguarding Advisor, you’ll provide a high level of expert advice cross-organisation that involves providing information, training and support on safeguarding issues to Members of the Global Fellowship and, if necessary, their partner organisations globally.
Specifically, you will:
- Support Country Leaders, Programmes and HR staff to implement policies and develop safe programmes and projects.
- Work with HR teams and country programmes to ensure that all aspects of HR policy and procedure are supportive of good safeguarding practice.
- Design and deliver training globally and cross-culturally.
- Support the continual improvement of safeguarding policies and practice influencing strategy and policy development
- Lead and coordinate the process that ensures that appropriate investigations into current or historic incidents are reported internally and externally as appropriate.
- Travel globally implementing Safeguarding high standards and influencing culture.
TLM is an explicitly Christian organisation. In addition to representing the Mission’s purpose and ethos to external audiences and working within Christian networks, this role will take an integral part in shaping organisational safeguarding culture, the post holder is required to produce, design and implement resources and policies consistent with our ethos and values reflecting TLM as a faith-based organisation.
The post holder must be willing to engage with, support and contribute to the Christian ethos and values of the charity. In addition to this as part of this role the post holder will support the work of the Mission through Christian prayer, Christian sessions, and fellowship There is, therefore, an occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian committed to the objectives and values of The Leprosy Mission and able to work in an interdenominational environment.
To join us as a Global Safeguarding Advisor, you’ll need:
- To be educated to degree or equivalent work experience with excellent knowledge of safeguarding issues, good practice, and its regulatory framework.
- A minimum, four years’ experience in a similar role improving Global Safeguarding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including proven experience of influencing decision-makers at all levels.
- Ability to network and work cross-culturally with sensitivity, face-to-face and on conference calls
- Experience in conducting investigations and managing the process of resolving complex safeguarding issues internationally
- Experience of Charity Commission England and Wales standards and processes, including writing and submitting serious incident reports
To apply, please send a completed application form, your CV and a covering letter outlining how your previous experience, knowledge and skills equip you to meet the requirements of this vacancy, along with our equal opportunities monitoring form to email@example.com.
Download the Job Description
Download the Application Form
Download the equal opportunities form
For more general enquiries, use the form below